Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wacky Watercooler Celebrates the Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-bration “Take Two"

 
 

Welcome to the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop!  It's been a while since I've been able to participate in this hop.  I am so excited to be able to have a part in this hop along with such talented Stampin' Up! demos.

If you have been following the hop, then you came here from My Tanglewood Cottage.  Don't you just love Marie's cards?  She used two of my favorite new stamp sets!  To continue in the hop, simply click on the 'next' image on the bottom of this post.  This is a circular hop, which means that wherever you begin, if you continue to go to the 'next' blog, you will eventually end up where you began.  If at anytime you want to see a full list of participants, click on the 'Home' button.

Now, let's get on to the main attractions!


My first card uses the Balloon Adventures bundle for the Occasion catalog.  I am in love with this bundle! There are so many pieces and the options are endless.  The main die was created to be a pop-up for the inside of a card, but doesn't it also look great on the front of the card?  My color combo on this card is Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Sweet Sugarplum, and Whisper White.  I added a small rhinestone to the bow for a little bling.  I needed to keep this card flat because it will be on its way to New Zealand tomorrow as part of my #imbringingbirthdaysback commitment.  Want to help me reach my goal (and receive a handmade birthday card)?  Send me an email (mlisakmiec@gmail.com) with your birthdate and address and I'll add you to my list!


My second card uses my favorite Sale-A-Bration stamp set: Hey, Chick!  I just love all the chickens in this set.  The main chicken on this card was stamped on Smokey Slate DSP and then paper pieced. I used the Stampin' Write markers to color in the chicken's comb, beak and legs.  My color combo on this card is Basic Black, Smokey Slate, Watermelon Wonder and Whisper White.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog.  If this is your first time here, I'm glad you stopped by and hope you'll be back again!  Be sure to subscribe to my blog, using the 'subscribe' button on the upper right side.  Then head over to Coffee Pot Stamping Cafe to see what Marsha has to share with you.
Thanks for stopping by!


To go back to Marie's blog...




To see a full list of participants ...




10 comments:

  1. Such cute cards!!! Loving the paper pieced chicken..great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, LIsa! My favourite has to be how you paper-pieced the chicken; now I want to know what the chick looks like, when the egg hatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you joined in for the hop Lisa, it's so great having you on board. I'm in love with the way you used the die cut on the front of your Balloon Adventures card. It really does look special. I'm a big fan of the colour combo you chose for your Hey Chick card. It's so well matched. Awesome card in coloration and design layout. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, that Balloon Adventures card is so striking. I love the colours you've used. And those chicks! Who isn't half in love with those adorable "cluckers"? What a great idea to paper piece your image. It really does add a lot to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards. The Balloon Celebration card and Hey Chick are two great stamp sets. I love both of your cards. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, what a great idea to use the "pop-up" for the front of your first card! Fun, fun! I love the Hey Chick stamp set and your use of the set is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your idea of paper piecing the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Lisa! The balloon card is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards Miss Lisa and welcome back to the hop. I'm glad to see someone besides me loves the fat chicken. LOL
    You've put me over the top on wanting the balloon bundle. Very cool you are participating in the bringing back birthdays. Of course my birthday was a week ago so I'll have to wait just a bit. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty colors on your Balloon Adventure card. And those chickens? Love the paper-piecing! Glad you've joined us, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!

Visit my Stampin' Up! website at www.lisakmiec.stampinup.net

Featured Post

Clean & Simple Painted Harvest